Spreadsheet Sync - Teachers
Prerequisites: Creating Classes
You can create, update or deactivate multiple teacher accounts by syncing the teacher's account information via Ori's spreadsheet.
Follow the below steps to sync the information:
- Navigate to one of the sites.
- Click on the “Sync Teachers” option.
- Follow the 3 steps.
Step 1: Click “Download” to download the spreadsheet.
- Click “Enable Editing” as the spreadsheet is downloaded in a read-only format.
Step 2: If no teacher accounts were created yet the spreadsheet will be empty. If accounts were already created you will see the accounts in the spreadsheet you downloaded.
- To add new accounts, update existing accounts or remove accounts that need to be deactivated, update the spreadsheet with the most up to date information.
- For each new teacher enter their:
- First name, last name, email and username (use the Google email to allow teachers to log in with Google Sign In)
- Choose a class the teacher is assigned to from the drop down list. More than one class can be added. A teacher that is assigned the class will have the students that are assigned to the same class on their students list in Ori.
- Note: We recommend using email addresses for the usernames, in order to make sure usernames are unique within Ori.
- You use the sync to update the teachers information. You can update teachers' names, emails and class assignments. The information will sync after you upload the excel (you can't update the username).
- Accounts that are removed from the spreadsheet will be deactivated after you upload the excel.
- Following the upload of the spreadsheet, please review the data in the sync review table.
- The green, blue and yellow indicators will show which accounts are added, updated or removed. You can filter the table to view rows that have a specific status only or the ones that have errors.
- If there are errors the sync review table will be filtered to show the errors.
- Point to the field that is marked in red to view the tool tip that will elaborate on the origin of the error.
- Common errors are:
- Username is already in use - this happens when the username is already taken in our system. This means that the teacher already has an account. Contact us via the chat or email your CSM if you can't find the account under your district.
- Email is not valid - Please make sure the email convention is correct and verify there are no spaces before or after the email address.
If there are errors, click “Close”, update the spreadsheet, save it and upload it again.
If there are no errors and the data that you are about to sync looks correct, click "Sync" to sync the accounts or "Cancel" to cancel the sync.
- Following the upload, the teachers will receive a welcome email to log-in with Google or Clever or to create their passwords.